About Our Social Housing Solicitors
We work with registered providers of social housing, ALMOS and social co-operatives, providing a full range of legal services for tenancy management.
Glazer Delmar’s social housing team of 10 solicitors, legal executives, trainee solicitors, paralegals and administrative staff, have strong social values and together have more than 50 years’ experience in Housing Law. Each lawyer is highly experienced and handles proceedings from beginning to end.
We guarantee a friendly and reliable service, with high standards and consistency.
We specialise in:
- Possession actions for breach of tenancy conditions, e.g. rent arrears.
- Estate management litigation, including all aspects of anti-social behaviour, nuisance and harassment.
- Obtaining injunctions in cases of nuisance or antisocial behaviour. We are able to obtain urgent injunction and other remedies against antisocial tenants and/or visitors and others who harass or threaten our clients, employees and service users.
- Defending Civil Claims for disrepair and fitness as well as Environmental Health Act prosecutions
- Squatters and unauthorised occupier proceedings
- Tenancy documentation and housing policy advice
- Independent housing ombudsman investigations
- Co-operative constitutional issues, including tenant/member rights
- General leasehold problems, including forfeiture proceedings for rent and service charge arrears.
- Service charge disputes and representation within (Leasehold Valuation Tribunal) proceedings
- Avoiding pointless and potentially expensive litigation. We fully understand the tenant’s rights and the attitudes of the courts to tenants, so we are able to advise on avoiding this.
- Advising on the consequences of contesting action by a publicly funded tenant
- Preventing and solving rent arrears problems through our understanding of welfare benefits and immigration issues.
- Interpreting and drafting agreements for all forms of tenancies and licences.
- Care and supportive housing issues. We are able to provide both legal and practical solutions for clients trying to protect particularly vulnerable residents, including those with mental health problems and learning difficulties.
- Undefended rent arrears cases and actions against squatters. We offer these services at a fixed fee and can offer discounts for volume of instructions.
Get in touch
Speak to one of our social housing solictors today. Call us on 020 8299 0021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our friendly team will be in touch A.S.A.P.